Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Artist's Way Check-in: Week 5

I appear to be stuck in week 5. At the beginning of the week I dwelled on some issues from week 4 and never got back to thinking about some of the exercises in week 5. Now, the end of the week is usually so busy that I know I won't get a chance to work on these things until the weekend, but we have our big fall Al Anon workshop this weekend, too. So, I'm going to be in a holding pattern and re-think week 5 and perhaps doing more of the exercises.

The chapter for week 5 is actually called "Recovering a Sense of Possibility."  I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the ideas of possibility for myself. I can't even think beyond today some times.

Yesterday I went to an Al Anon meeting and got a chance to talk about this a bit. I am totally stuck on "possibility". I often think that possibility is not for me but I have to work on opening up myself to it. A lot of this is tied into self worth. I have to think I am worth it before I can think that things are possible. This week I'm trying to simply think about possibility and meditate on it. I often have trouble with meditation but I am trying to work on that a little bit this week. I've listened to some meditations on YouTube as away to get some guidance. Here is a meditation on possibility. I don't agree with everything in the video but it gave me some good things to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment