Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Fall Workshop

Every year a district in our area has a fall workshop. This is one of my favorite Al-Anon events in our area. There are 3 sessions during the workshop, with a break for lunch. There are 4 topics to choose from during each time slot and they are like little meetings on a theme, with 2 speakers first for each topic. I always get a lot out of this workshop and I plan to make some entries on each of the topics I attended meetings on.

(Photo by spekulator.)
The big thing was that this year Boyfriend's Daughter came. She only went to that one meeting where I spoke but I knew that the workshop would be a good chance to invite her again. I was glad she came and Boyfriend got over his grumpiness with her enough to give her a ride. I was worried that she would be overwhelmed but she took to it right away because the first session offered a discussion on a topic that she talked about really struggling with recently, so she went off to that on her own. She did bail out during the last session but instead talked one-on-one to an experienced member for the whole time, so that was good too.

I was happy to show her around and introduce her to everybody. Another reason I wanted to invite her was that I wanted her to meet all of the good people and at these events there are so many gathered in the same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment