Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Good Evening

So, my boyfriend picked me up for our Wal*Mart trip and I was so happy to see him. I just felt happy and grateful for him after hashing out all that stuff in my writing this afternoon. I think, also, I feel great because I resolved some things for myself.

(photo by Lorenzo S.)
I did say to him that I wanted a chance to talk about the issue I wanted to make amends on, but without saying I wanted to make amends. I said I would like to talk about it when we had some time and he felt comfortable discussing it. He got a bit uptight and said it wasn't as big an issue as I seemed to think it was. Earlier today he made it sound like an unlivable situation--something that might eventually separate us. So, he's clearly uncomfortable about it but I told him it was hard for me even if he didn't think it was hard for him. Then I let it go because I do want to catch him at a better moment and not have it end up as a car fight.

Anyway, I was just happy to be with him. It was a pretty evening and because of traffic he took the back way, which is quite woodsy. We had the windows open and could smell the greenery on the cool end of summer air. It was a nice ending to a day that was a bit emotional for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment