Monday, July 30, 2012

28 Days of Meditation- Week 2 Part 2


Sure enough, when I got back from the beach (where I didn’t do any meditation) the Day 13 Meditation Revolution email talked about how to not let your meditation go off track on the weekend or during vacation. I had good intentions but completely derailed, though I did do it before we left on Friday. It felt good to get back to it, though.

(Photo by Juan Croatto.)
During the meditations this week when the speaker asks the listener to dedicate our meditation to someone else I thought of people I have trouble with. I tend to fall into obsessive thinking in these areas and this helped feel like it was a start towards healing. I tried to think of positive things about the person of the moment when asked to think of gratitude.

I am easily startled by any little noise sometimes and the mediation bell was startling me at the end. I concentrated on not reacting to the bell—practice for real life, when I need to respond, not react. Much to my surprise, I soon stopped reacting to the bell.

The Day 14 email invites the participant to “bring an attitude of discovery to your meditation”, which seems to address the problem I have of not figuring out how I feel. I decided to set that as my intention and it was easy to start with the physical rather than the emotional but I soon got weepy when I let my mind drift to something else.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog. I see you discovered my blog today so of course I wanted to come over and check out yours. I'm glad your meeting went well. It is not easy to speak to a group. Congratulations! Also I hope your boyfriend's daughter heard what she needed to keep coming back. Maybe you can talk to her when he's not around and encourage her. If she doesn't want to go to your group you could probably help her find another one so she wouldn't have to worry about any privacy concerns or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Rebecca! I asked my sponsor for guidance about the daughter, so I will have help encouraging her.

      Delete